United Nations Global Compact
The United Nations Global Compact works with companies universally to align their operations and strategies with ten universal principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. PARCO is a member of the UN Global Compact and follows its reporting policy by filing the Communication on Progress (COP) report. PARCO submitted its twelfth Communication on Progress report in the year 2022.
The annual posting of a COP is an important demonstration of an organization’s commitment to the UN Global Compact and its principles. Our COP report illustrates PARCO’s commitment to UNGC’s Ten Principles, and the management systems, actions and performance of PARCO.
United Nations Global Compact’s Ten Principles
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor;
- The effective abolition of child labor; and
- The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.